Saturday, November 5, 2011

An introduction.

Hello! I'm Catherine, and I have been given the reins to post on this blog about babywearing. Kendra is a very trusting person, but I think, in this case, it is well-placed.

I am a first time mom to a wonderful little boy. I was introduced to babywearing by my lovely sister in law, who wore her second child and taught me how to carry him in a structured carrier. When my son was born, she once again stepped up and taught me to wrap my baby, when he was just a few days old. I was recovering from a c-section, and wearing my baby gave him the closeness he needed, and gave me my hands back to do the basics around the house.




It wasn't perfect, but it worked for us. I attended my first babywearing meeting in May, and was hooked. I even went home with a new wrap, thanks to Kendra, and a better way to wear him, thanks to a princess called Carly. ;)


Since the Geckos Tanami came home with us, I have steadily been acquiring more wraps and carriers. Each of them hold a special place in my collection, and I am a wee bit ashamed to say I now have a different carrier or wrap for each day of the week. In my defence, they each serve a different purpose, and I chose each and every one of them with care.

I love the idea of babywearing, and am thrilled to be able to pass along what I have leared and am learning to those new to wrapping. As I move forward in this blog, I hope to open a discussion about the benefits of babywearing, different carriers (both structured and wraps) and different techniques to try out.

I look forward to your input! As much as I like to talk about myself, I hope this can become a reader-directed blog, covering what you are interested in. Please leave comments, so I can get ideas about what to look at.

Happy Babywearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment